Hive >> mail # user >> Load XML file into HIVE

Load XML file into HIVE
Hi,

I would like to load an XML data file into HIVE.  I created a table with
just one column:

create table xmltable (xmldata String )
STORED AS TEXTFILE;

and then loaded the xml file into that table

LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH '/test.xml'
OVERWRITE INTO TABLE xmltable;

I thought I can use the XPATH to extract individual elements. But I am not
sure

1) How to specify the root node as a record terminator on CREATE TABLE
statement (it's using '\n' by default)
2) Change the current context / node for the XPATH

Can some one provide guidance and may be point to some good examples?

Thanks,
Sadu