HDFS, mail # user - Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release

Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release
Schad, Bjoern-Bernhard 2013-06-14, 10:00
Hi,

has it ever happened that a migration of persistent data has been needed (or automatically executed) when updating a Hadoop installation within a release?

If so, where could I find information regarding such needed migration?

I would be interested because the runtime of such migration would probably depend on the amount of managed data and had to be planned.

Thank you very much,
Björn

--
Redknee (Germany) GmbH
Geschäftsleitung / Board of Directors: Chris Newton-Smith