Hive, mail # user - Error

Re: Error
Keith Wiley 2012-03-12, 16:49
Thanks for the suggestion, but my hadoop directory doesn't have a build directory at all.  I suppose that makes sense.  I haven't tried to rebuild hadoop since I installed it (CDH3).  I'm just using the executables as they came in the original .zip.

Gah, hive sorta works but I can't get this last bit.  It creates tables around an existing csv file, it can describe them, but queries against those tables return empty results.

On Mar 10, 2012, at 01:12 , Jagat wrote:

> Dear Keith
>
> Please delete $HADOOP_HOME/build , in your hadoop home the build directory
>
> And try again
>
> Thanks
>
> Jagat
>

> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Keith Wiley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Considering that I don't even konw what the metastore is, I doubt I did anything specifically aside from the instructions.  All I did was follow the startup guide.  Nothing more.  More to the point, when I followed the same instructions on a Linux box, it worked.  Something is admittedly wrong with my Mac setup, but I don't think there is any third-party metastore of some sort.  I certainly didn't install or create anything like that.  I'm not even sure what it is.
>
> Hmmm, how do I resetup or initialize the metastore from scratch and try again?

"And what if we picked the wrong religion?  Every week, we're just making God
madder and madder!"
                                           --  Homer Simpson