Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop-HBase table hierarchical column scan

Hadoop-HBase table hierarchical column scan
I am fairly new to the hadoop-hbase environment having started working on
it very recently, so I hope I am wording the question correctly.

I am trying to read data from a hadoop-hbase table which has only one
column family named 'DFLT'. This family contains hierarchical column
qualifiers "/source:int64/name:string". I want to read the name column for
a particular source value, say 10. How can I achieve this using the Scan
class?

I tried setting up the scan object as follows:

byte[] family = Bytes.toBytes("DFLT");
byte[] qualifier = Bytes.toBytes("source:name");

Scan scan = new Scan();
scan.addFamily(family, qualifier);

FilterList list = new FilterList(FilterList.Operator.MUST_PASS_ALL);

SingleColumnValueFilter filter = new SingleColumnValueFilter(family,
Bytes.toBytes("source"), CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL, Bytes.toBytes(10));

list.addFilter(filter);

scan.setFilter(list);

But I do not get any data back with this setup. I am guessing that I am not
setting up the hierarchical qualifiers correctly. Any and all pointers will
be appreciated.

Thanks, Narlin M.