HBase >> mail # user >> Major vs Minor compactions

Major vs Minor compactions
Hi,

I am working on some compaction coprocessors for a column family with
versions set to 1. I am using the preCompact hook to wrap a scanner around
the compaction scanner.

I wanted to know what to expect from the minor compaction output. Can I
assume the following:
1) Versions for each cell will be 1
2) Delete markers will be retained
3) Corresponding versions older than the delete markers shall be removed

Am I missing anything here ?

Thanks
Varun