Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-01, 09:47
+
Tom White 2011-11-01, 17:35
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-11-01, 17:57
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-11-01, 18:47
+
Owen OMalley 2011-11-01, 21:53
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0
Owen,

Are we using HTTPD's release guidelines? If read correctly the section you
point out, then our first next stable release would be a 0.24.x. Is it that
what you are suggesting?

Thanks.

Alejandro

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > * Regarding version number, any reason we are not using 0.23.0-alpha1
>

> I think it is important to separate the artifact and version number from
> the stability assessment (alpha, beta, GA). When we approve a release, it
> should generally default to alpha. As confidence grows in the release and
> branch, we can vote the stability classification up. The last thing you
> want to do is roll a new release to increase a release's stability
> classification.
>
> If you haven't read it before, I'd suggest looking at HTTPD's release
> guidelines (http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html) under "What can I
> call this release?"
>
> -- Owen

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2011-11-01, 17:40
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-11-01, 17:40
+
Alan Gates 2011-11-02, 22:11