Avro, mail # user - AVRO threatening to ruin Christmas

Re: AVRO threatening to ruin Christmas
Doug Cutting 2012-12-21, 19:09
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Terry Healy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "For jobs
> whose input is an Avro data file and which use an AvroMapper, but whose
> reducer is a non-Avro Reducer and whose output is a non-Avro format:".
[ ...]
>     public static class AvroFlowReducer extends AvroReducer

It looks to me like your reducer is an Avro reducer when in this case
you should instead subclass org.apache.hadoop,mapred.Reducer.

An example of this is in TestSequenceFileReader#testNonAvroReducer:

http://s.apache.org/testnonavroreducer

I hope this helps.

Doug