HDFS >> mail # user >> disk used percentage is not symmetric on datanodes (balancer)

Re: disk used percentage is not symmetric on datanodes (balancer)

On Mar 18, 2013, at 11:50 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What do you mean that the balancer is always active?

meaning, the same process is active for a long time. The process that starts may not be exiting at all. We have a cron job set to run it every 10 minutes, but that's not in effect because the process may never exit.
> It is to be used
> as a tool and it exits once it balances in a specific run (loops until
> it does, but always exits at end). The balancer does balance based on
> usage percentage so that is what you're probably looking for/missing.

May be. How does the balancer look for the usage percentage ?

-Tapas