HBase, mail # user - Re: Hbase tables disappear

+
Shashwat Shriparv 2013-01-14, 19:44
Re: Hbase tables disappear
Ibrahim Yakti 2013-01-15, 08:44
HBase Version: 0.92.1-cdh4.1.2, rUnknown, Thu Nov  1 18:03:50 PDT 2012
Sqoop Version: 1.4.1-cdh4.1.2

Stack: yes, it seems that hbase default root directory is /tmp working to
fix this now.

I am writing the data for the first time into HBase from MySQL, not
overwriting it.

--
Ibrahim
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Shashwat Shriparv <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is the root directory location of hbase
>

> Sent from Samsung Galaxy NoteIbrahim Yakti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:I'm
> using cdh4 on ec2
>
> HBase 0.92
> Sqoop 1.4.2
>
> I'll double check versions tomorrow.
>
> when I reboot all the tables are deleted, I'll check the default location
> tomorrow as well.
>
> What about the weird count issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Ibrahim
>
> Sent from another galaxy device.
> On Jan 14, 2013 8:22 PM, "Stack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:12 AM, Ibrahim Yakti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have a weird issue, I am using sqoop to import data from MySQL into
> > > HBase, sqoop confirms that 2.5 million records were imported, when I do
> > > count "table_name" in HBase shell it returns numbers like:
> > >
> > > 260970 row(s) in 20.4740 seconds
> > > >

> > > (I have used sqoop to import same data from mysql to hive and it worked
> > > smoothly without any problem)
> > >
> > > when I run the count command again the number may change without any
> > change
> > > to the table, the other weird issue, if I reboot the server and run
> HBase
> > > shell all the tables will be disappeared and I have to create them
> again.
> > >

> > Default location for hbase data is /tmp unless you change it so a reboot
> > will erase all you loaded into hbase.   See
> > http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart
> >

> > Any idea what is going and where the problem is?
> > >

> > Are you overwriting old data with new?
> >
> > Start small and work your way up to bigger numbers.  You might get a clue
> > as to where the data is going.
> >
> > St.Ack

+
Ibrahim Yakti 2013-01-15, 09:07