Avro >> mail # user >> How to get started with examples on avro

+
felix gao 2011-01-28, 20:04
Re: How to get started with examples on avro
Based on the language you're targeting, have a look at its test-cases
available on the in the project's version control:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avro/trunk/lang/ [You can check it out
via SVN, or via Git mirrors]

Another good resource on the ends of Avro (Data and RPC) is by phunt
at http://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart#readme

I had written a python data-file centric snippet for Avro a while ago
at my blog; it may help if you're looking to get started with Python
(although it does not cover all aspects, which the functions in the
available test cases for lang/python do):
http://www.harshj.com/2010/04/25/writing-and-reading-avro-data-files-using-python/

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com