Flume >> mail # dev >> EventDrivenSource and dead threads

Re: EventDrivenSource and dead threads
Hi,

Yes I can definitely see the issue. It sucks that we'd have to add yet
another thread. An alternative which wouldn't require another thread
would be to check the optional interface in the supervisor,
approximately here:

https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/trunk/flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/lifecycle/LifecycleSupervisor.java#L240

However, I am not sold on the supervisor being the best place to fix
this as I am not sure that other lifecycle components would need this.

Brock