HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] More new feature backports to 0.94.

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-03-01, 16:31
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-01, 19:00
Re: [DISCUSS] More new feature backports to 0.94.
I'm worried about users who are starting to use 0.94.x.  If they have a bug
in that version, and it's fixed or they submit a patch to fix it.  Then
they should have a version to upgrade to that includes that bug fix and
doesn't include other new features.   I don't think that many people will
want to upgrade their production database to new feature and code when
trying to fix a bug.

Something like http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/ seems very
similar to what I would envision.  Only major versions contain new
features.  We're not at a place that the community sees a 1.0.0 as
realistic so we don't have the first number to play with.  I don't think
that changes the fact that the last number should in my opinion be reserved
for patch releases.

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-01, 23:12
+