Accumulo >> mail # dev >> GSOC: Monitor Improvements

Re: GSOC: Monitor Improvements
Supun,

Looks good! Can I make some suggestions/comments?

For: "Per table plots: ACCUMULO-594", I'd also like to see minor
compactions, major compactions, index cache hit rate, and data cache hit
rate per table (same graphs that are displayed system-wide when you
visit http://${MONITOR_HOST}:50095/.

For "Per tablet [server] plots", it would be neat if you could also
extract some general statistics like top N least performing, top N
highest performing, etc. tablet servers. Ideally, this could correlate
with servers that may be having problems :).

Do you see these proposed changes as being sufficient for 3-4 months of
40hrs/week work? If you plan to really dig into these changes (perhaps
reworking components of the monitor itself), I could perhaps see this.
Do you have any ideas for more lofty goals that you could pursue as
well? I don't want you/us to get one month into things and see you
complete everything we initially planned to accomplish :)

- Josh