Hadoop >> mail # user >> Staging directory ENOTDIR error.

Staging directory ENOTDIR error.
Hi , I'm getting an ungoogleable exception, never seen this before.

This is on a hadoop 1.1. cluster... It appears that its permissions
related...
Any thoughts as to how this could crop up?

I assume its a bug in my filesystem, but not sure.

13/07/11 18:39:43 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation:
PriviledgedActionException as:root cause:ENOTDIR: Not a directory
ENOTDIR: Not a directory
    at org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO.chmod(Native Method)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.execSetPermission(FileUtil.java:699)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.setPermission(FileUtil.java:654)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.setPermission(RawLocalFileSystem.java:509)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.mkdirs(RawLocalFileSystem.java:344)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.mkdirs(FilterFileSystem.java:189)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles.getStagingDir(JobSubmissionFiles.java:116)
--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com