HBase >> mail # user >> schema help

schema help
Hello,

I am trying to solve a time related problem. I can certainly use opentsdb
for this but was wondering if anyone had a clever way to create this type of
schema.

I have an inventory table,

time (unix epoch), fieldA, fieldB, data
There are about 30 million of these entries.

95% of my queries will look like this:
show me where fieldA=zCORE from range [1314180693 to now]

for fieldA, there is a possibility of 4000 unique items.
for fieldB, there is a possibility of 2 unique items (bool).

So, I was thinking of creating 4000*2 tables and place the data like that so
I can easly scan.

Any thoughts about this? Will hbase freak out if i have 8000 tables?