Accumulo, mail # dev - client config files

Re: client config files
Christopher 2013-08-01, 19:07
I absolutely DO think they should be combined in a properties file
located in $HOME/.accumulo/config
I absolutely DO NOT think this client configuration should be
exclusive to the shell, and I absolutely DO NOT think it should be
XML.

I would love to see all our clients/client code use
commons-configuration to hold properties from the properties file, so
that only a --config parameter is needed (with reasonable defaults, so
even that is not absolutely necessary). I also think that every
property that can exist in the file should be possible to override on
the command-line. I personally prefer to use system properties, using
commons-configuration's HierarchicalConfiguration, but jcommander may
make it easier to do the same thing in a slightly different way.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii