Flume, mail # user - Failover in Flume NG

Failover in Flume NG
Pankaj Gupta 2012-10-16, 17:09
Hi,
We are investigating using Flume for log aggregation in our organization
and have this dilemma over going with Flume NG or OG. We really like the
centralized configuration management in OG but that's not a must have. What
we need most is reliability in face of machines going down (which is quite
common on AWS). How is that handled in Flume NG. In OG, I believe, it was
possible to define failover semantics so that messages could be routed to
another collector if one collector went down. In Flume OG there is no
concept of a special collector but collector is just an agent as I
understand. I'm wondering how failover semantics are defined for these
agents. It would be great if someone could elaborate on that.

We also want to use a relatively new version of Hadoop e.g. 1.0.3 or
higher. Is it possible to use Flume NG (or OG) with the new versions of
Hadoop?

Thanks in advance,

Pankaj

--
*P* | (415) 677-9222 ext. 205 *F *| (415) 677-0895 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pankaj Gupta | Software Engineer

*BrightRoll, Inc. *| Smart Video Advertising | www.brightroll.com
United States | Canada | United Kingdom | Germany
We're hiring<http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a42a12b3580e2060135837631485aa7>
!