MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.6-alpha

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-11, 00:46
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-08-14, 17:40
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-16, 03:02
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-08-16, 04:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-16, 05:21
Darn CHANGES - apparently they just hate me. I agree that needs to be
addressed. I will spin-up rc1 tonight and restart the vote.

Thanks,
  Cos

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:40AM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
> OK:
> * verified MD5
> * verified signature
> * expanded source tar and did a build
> * configured pseudo cluster and run a couple of example MR jobs
> * did a few HTTP calls to HTTFS
>
> NOT OK:
> * CHANGES.txt files have 2.0.6 as UNRELEASED, they should have the date the
> RC vote ends
> * 'mvn apache-rat:check' fails, releasenotes HTML files don't have license
> headers,
>
> I think we need to address the NO OK points (specially the last one), they
> are trivial.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I have created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.6-alpha that I
> > would
> > like to release.
> >
> > This is a stabilization release that includes fixed for a couple a of
> > issues
> > as outlined on the security list.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.6-alpha-rc0/
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.6-alpha-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release bits and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7
> > days.
> >
> > Thanks for your voting
> >   Cos
> >

> --