Accumulo >> mail # dev >> assembly pom

Re: assembly pom
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:14:32 PM, "Benson Margulies" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> <src>${project.parent.relativePath}/lib</src>
>>
>> What's that expected to do?
>
> So ... how does it usually work?  Where do jars end up?
>
>> I belatedly spotted these, which are something I've never seen before.
>> Then I tried to build in here and ran into the lack of
>> src/assemble/dist.xml (conventional name would be
>> src/assembly/dist.xml).

Two phenomena here.

1) A typical project structure lets poms land in the individual
targets and in the local repo, instead of the interesting config of
the maven-jar-plugin here. Then, an 'assemble'-type project uses
dependencySets in the assembly plugin to herd them into the
distribution hierarchy.

2) ${project.parent.relativePath} is prone to end with ".pom", so most
people would just define their own property to contain '..' or '../..'
or whatever they needed.