Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC0

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-10-25, 20:54
+
Anatoli Fomenko 2013-10-25, 20:56
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-10-26, 00:59
+
Peter Linnell 2013-10-26, 02:42
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-26, 03:15
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-10-28, 14:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-10-28, 16:28
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-10-28, 21:21
Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 RC0
On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:21:57 -0400
Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tested with RPMs on CentOS and encountered the problem reported on
> BIGTOP-1132. %post and %preun sections were inserted into the middle
> of the %install section of the Phoenix RPM specfile. Not sure how
> that happened exactly.
>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Andrew Purtell
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Bruno Mahé <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I am learning toward a -1 because of
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1129 and my issues
> >> with Hue. Other than that, everything I tested either just works
> >> out of the box or is nitpick.
> >> But BIGTOP-1129 is what I would consider a blocker since it is
> >> part of the basic use case of Apache Bigtop.
> >>

> > I agree with Bruno that BIGTOP-1129 calls for a fix and a new RC,
> > but otherwise things look pretty good.
> >
> > Since there was some testing elsewhere with CentOS, I tried 'make
> > deb' on Debian 7.2.
> >
> > We should mention in the release notes that JDK 6 is still required
> > for building, at least Hive.
> >
> > Phoenix, HBase, Hadoop, and ZooKeeper smoke tests are fine.
> > Launched HBase with Phoenix jars on the classpath and did a couple
> > of simple things with the sqlline shell.
> >
> > There were various lintian issues but we agreed to look at these
> > for 0.8. Also some warnings from dpkg-shlibdeps about not finding
> > the JVM shared library. Probably fine to wait until 0.8 for that
> > also, although we should do something about this untracked
> > dependency. I think we will need to break out native Hadoop bits
> > into their own package to solve some lintian errors so we can
> > efficiently deal with both issues at the same time.
> >
> > There is a lot going on this week on account of Strata NYC but I
> > would also like to try running a Giraph job on Hadoop and something
> > basic with Spark if I can find some more time.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> >    - Andy
> >
> > Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet
> > Hein (via Tom White)

I've got all of Bigtop built fine on SLES SP3, except Solr fails to
build complaining about not finding Ivy.  I suspect a toolchain issue.
Thanks,
Peter
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-31, 22:02