HBase >> mail # user >> Printing integers in the Hbase shell

Re: Printing integers in the Hbase shell
I was thinking that an easier way might even be to just add the conversion
capability at the ruby shell level.  Something like the following where you
can give a third qualifier that describes how you want it interpreted.

get|scan 'table1', {COLUMNS => ['fam:qual1:toInt', 'fam:qual2:toUTF8',
'fam:qual3:c(com.example.MySpecialConverter)']}

Pushing the schema into the server side seems like a much bigger task...

Jacques