Hadoop, mail # general - LimitedPrivate and HBase

Re: LimitedPrivate and HBase
Tom White 2011-06-09, 17:27
Looking at current usage in Hadoop, there are only 4 LimitedPrivate
references to HBase (the http, io.retry, ipc, and metrics packages in
Common), and 2 references to Pig (the two LineRecordReader classes in
MapReduce). The other LimitedPrivate references are all to HDFS or
MapReduce. Given that Private means "Intended for use only within
Hadoop itself" (according to the javadoc), we can replace these
references with Private.

We could also change the remaining 6 cases of LimitedPrivate to Public
(note that they are already annotated Evolving or Unstable), and
deprecate LimitedPrivate. Would this allay people's concerns?

Cheers,
Tom