Hive >> mail # user >> Hive 0.10 release date

+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-07-20, 21:20
Re: Hive 0.10 release date
Usually it is ok to build a trunk, we do not do anything extra special
for releases other then some basic sanity testing and cut an svn tag.
(we run the full unit tests every commit). The only time this advice
is not true is if there are some metastore changes, however the
scripts to handle the upgrades are usually added with the changes. (So
do not just blindly take upgrade advice without trying it in staging
first and backing up your metastore)

Edward

+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-07-20, 21:40