HBase >> mail # dev >> Marking normal priority after getting exception

Re: Marking normal priority after getting exception
When a request goes into a server, a function is called to evaluate whether
it should be high or low priority (The mechanism for making the
function-to-call pluggable is a guava facility).  This mechanism has been
in place for ever.

On the recent rpc commit, this QoS stuff had to be refactored.   Previous,
in essence, it undid the request to figure what region the request was for
because if it was say .META., then the request should be given a high
priority.  With the move to pb and the refactor of the way we do parameters
and requests, there is less to undo.

As part of the refactor, I enabled logging.  At a minimum, this exposed the
following interesting phenomeon: If we get a request for a region that is
not on the particular server, NotServingRegionException is thrown, which
QoS then catches and sets priority to 'normal'.. then it lets the request
come into the regionserver and it throws NSRE again.

Anyway, if it is logging too much turn it down... I can.  I enabled it so
could see what was going on.

Sorry about that,
St.Ack