Flume >> mail # user >> Flume 1.3 package

+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-12-19, 17:34
+
Brock Noland 2012-12-19, 17:41
+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-12-20, 11:31
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-20, 12:15
+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-12-20, 13:18
Re: Flume 1.3 package
Hi Rahul,

I haven't so much experience with Ubuntu, but should work.Eventually you have to export HADOOP_HOME as well as HADOOP_CONF (if you use hdfs as a sink).

Cheers,
Alex

On Dec 20, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Rahul Ravindran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Alexander.
>
> So, in the interim would installing the dependencies for Flume 1.2 from CDH 4.1(see below) and un-tarring the 1.3 Flume tarball, be a reasonable alternative? Did we change any version on which flume-ng was dependent on when moving from 1.2 to 1.3?
>
> With this, I would look to install the packages adduser, hadoop-hdfs and bigtop-utils and then subsequently, use the 1.3 tarball
>
> $ apt-cache depends flume-ng
> flume-ng
> Depends: adduser
> Depends: hadoop-hdfs