HBase >> mail # user >> GET performance degrades over time

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 09:16
+
Bing Jiang 2013-05-16, 10:49
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-05-16, 16:28
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 18:50
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 18:43
+
Michael Segel 2013-05-16, 18:46
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 18:53
+
Michael Segel 2013-05-16, 18:59
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 19:13
Re: GET performance degrades over time
Michael is correct.

More information available about swap value on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swappiness

2013/5/16 Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Going from memory, the swap value setting to 0 is a suggestion. You may
> still actually swap, but I think its a 'last resort' type of thing.
>
> When you look at top, at the top of the page, how much swap do you see?
>

> On May 16, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >> Have you checked your HBase environment? I think it perhaps come from:
> >> 1) System uses more swap frequently when your continue to execute Gets
> >> operation?
> >>

> > I have set swap to 0. AFAIK, that's a recommended practice. Let me know
> if
> > that should not be followed for nodes running HBase.
> >

> >> 2) check the setting "hfile.block.cache.size" in your hbase-site.xml.
> >>

> > It's the default i.e. 0.25

+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-17, 06:38
+