MapReduce, mail # user - Host NameNode, DataNode, JobTracker or TaskTracker on the same machine

+
Jeff LI 2013-02-14, 17:10
+
shashwat shriparv 2013-02-14, 17:29
Re: Host NameNode, DataNode, JobTracker or TaskTracker on the same machine
Tariq 2013-02-14, 17:41
You may run out of memory,out of disk. If SNN is also running on the same machine then you are totally screwed in case of any breakdown

shashwat shriparv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>If you are doing it for production all the process should be running on
>seperate machine as it will decrease the overload of the machine.
>

>∞
>Shashwat Shriparv
>

>On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Jeff LI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a good reason that we should not host NameNode, DataNode,
>> JobTracker or TaskTracker services on the same machine?
>>
>> Not doing so is suggested here
>http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/NameNode,
>> but I'd like to know the reasoning of this.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jeff

Jeff LI 2013-02-14, 18:05