Flume >> mail # user >> Fair use for the logo?

+
Juhani Connolly 2013-01-04, 04:28
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-01-04, 06:12
Re: Fair use for the logo?
Reusing logo and documentation pictures for such usage seems fine to me. I would personally mentioned for the doc pictures where they come from.

This page seems to be describing allowed usage for the logos and other Apache trademarks:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/#principles

Jarcec

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 01:28:00PM +0900, Juhani Connolly wrote:
> Myself and a colleague will be doing a presentation/usecase on flume
> at "Hadoop Conference Japan 2013 winter", trying to get it more
> awareness here. Is it reasonable to reuse the logo within the
> slides? How about diagrams from the docs? I'll be sure to post the
> slides here after the event, though they'll be in Japanese so
> probably only useful to a handful of people.
+
Juhani Connolly 2013-01-04, 07:56