HBase >> mail # user >> Pagination with HBase - getting previous page of data

Re: Pagination with HBase - getting previous page of data
Hi Vijay,

If, while the user os scrolling forward, you store the key of each
page, then you will be able to go back to a specific page, and jump
forward back up to where he was.

The only issue is that, if while the user is scrolling the table,
someone insert a row between the last of a page, and the first of the

Let's take this exemaple.

You have 10 items per page.

010 020 030 040 050 060 070 080 090 100 is the first page.
110 120 130 140 150 160 170 180 190 200 is the second one.

Now, if someone insert 101... If will be just after 100 and before 110.

When you will display 10 rows starting at 010 you will stop just
before 101... And for the next page you will start at 110... And 101
will never be displayed...

HTH

JM