Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Move project split down a level

Re: [DISCUSS] Move project split down a level
Packaging everything together makes sense for unit/functional level of
tests. Since Hadoop in current shape doesn't have any other kinds of
tests (despite of limited system tests implemented within Herriot
framework) there's no objections per se.

And you know my take on Hadoop's stack testing for it proved to be
beneficial  for Y! security release stabilization in particular: stack
testing has to be done by a set of separate component specific testing
artifacts tailored together for the particular stack's validation.

But since we aren't anywhere near the noble goal (as correctly
mentioned by Nigel et all) we don't need to make any changes in out
"bits + functional tests" packaging schema. Thanks for clarification
of your point,
btw.

Cos