HBase, mail # user - Tables gets Major Compacted even if they haven't changed

RE: Tables gets Major Compacted even if they haven't changed
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-09-10, 05:10
Sure, you can overwrite standard compaction in RegionCoprocessor

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: Premal Shah [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 9:28 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: Tables gets Major Compacted even if they haven't changed

Ah ok. We don't expire any data, so have not set any TTLs. Is there a
policy we can use to avoid compacting regions that have not changed (ie
have just 1 store file)?
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> HBase can run major compaction (even if table has not been updated) to
> purge expired data (TTL).
>
> Best regards,
> Vladimir Rodionov
> Principal Platform Engineer
> Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com

Regards,
Premal Shah.

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.