Hive >> mail # user >> Optimizing ORC Sorting - Replace two level Partitions with one?

Re: Optimizing ORC Sorting - Replace two level Partitions with one?
Are there any effective limits on the number of partitions? Partitions is
the answer that we choose because it makes logical sense. I.e. I have Days,
on a given day I have a number of sources. Sometimes I want to query by day
and search all sources, other times, I want to focus on specific sources.
 With Bucketing, will it prune on the column like partitions do
automatically? (Remember, this is specific to ORC files that I am working
with here).