Hadoop >> mail # dev >> kfs and hdfs

Re: kfs and hdfs
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 12:33 AM, gschen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what is the differences between hdfs and kfs(kosmos file system)?

The biggest difference is that kfs is not very active (but not quite dead!)
and hdfs has a pretty active development community.

If you are looking for a file system that has all the virtues of kfs (fast
implementation, fancier file semantics like update) as well as better
performance than hdfs and some whacking cool things like snapshots and
mirrors, check out MapR.  (I bet nobody knew I would say that)