MapReduce >> mail # user >> Who creates job.jar?

+
Pedro Costa 2010-06-24, 21:38
+
Steve Lewis 2010-06-24, 22:52
+
Pedro Costa 2010-06-25, 10:22
+
welman Lu 2010-06-25, 10:29
Re: Who creates job.jar?
Pedro,
> I don't understand when you say "you" :). I've created the
> hadoop-0.20.2-dev-core.jar and hadoop-0.20.2-dev-examples.jar and none of
> them has the job.jar. I've also searched all hadoop directories, and none of
> them have the jar.

job.jar is a name given by the Map/Reduce framework to any jar that is
submitted with the map, reduce and other user classes. So, in your
case the examples.jar is submitted to the cluster as "job.jar". This
happens when the JobClient submits the job to the Map/Reduce cluster.

> - When the jar is created and it's exported?
>
> - What do you mean by aws?

Amazon web services - though for the purpose of this discussion, it is
immaterial on what platform Hadoop is running.

Thanks
hemanth

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Steve Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> You create the jar and export it to aws before running the job. The jar
>> should contain all of your code and in a directory called lib all libraries
>> you need - I have a tool for generating jars but it is a little rough -
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Pedro Costa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> 1 - Hadoop MR uses a job.jar used to execute MR. But who creates and when
>>> is created this job.jar?
>>>
>>> 2 - This job.jar is only created at run time during the execution of an
>>> MR task?
>>>
>>> 3 - It's created only 1 job.jar per MR execution?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> --
>>> Pedro
>>

>> --