MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Hook for Mapper kill

Re: Hook for Mapper kill

There isn't anything in the API as such. You could register your own JVM shut-down hook which does it.

OTOH, if you are running this on Linux and a setsid binary is available, Hadoop itself will take care of killing these additional processes - it kills the whole session in this case.

Thanks,
+Vinod

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE