Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Which branch for my patch?

Re: Which branch for my patch?
Hi,

> > Jenkins has just completed.
> > Although it passed everything else it was '-1' because of 9 javadoc
> > warnings that do not seem related to my patch.
> >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/432/artifact/trunk/hadoop-common-project/patchprocess/patchJavadocWarnings.txt
>
> Yea, these are not due to your patch. I'll bump the javadoc warnings
> in test-patch.properties.
Thanks.

> > Do I simply make separate Jira (related) issues for these backports?
>
> Nope, just set the "target version" field to the appropriate version
> and uploaded a patch, eg hadoop-7076-branch-1.patch.

So that I understand correctly:
- I add the targets to the Jira issue for each branch specific patch.
- I create a new patch file for each version I want the feature to appear
in and attach these to the issue.
that the committer can clearly see what it was intended for.

Do I have to do something to ensure Jenkins will accept this all correctly?
Perhaps in naming convention? Or in the timing between uploading the
various patches?

Niels Basjes