Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Unable to start hadoop-0.20.2 but able to start hadoop-0.20.203 cluster

+
srinivas 2012-01-25, 06:54
+
Xu, Richard 2011-05-27, 00:01
+
DAN 2011-05-27, 02:22
+
Xu, Richard 2011-05-27, 11:34
+
Simon 2011-05-27, 12:30
+
DAN 2011-05-27, 14:26
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-05-27, 15:42
+
Xu, Richard 2011-05-27, 20:18

On May 27, 2011, at 1:18 PM, Xu, Richard wrote:

> Hi Allen,
>
> Thanks a lot for your response.
>
> I agree with you that it does not matter with replication settings.
>
> What really bothered me is same environment, same configures, hadoop 0.20.203 takes us 3 mins, why 0.20.2 took 3 days.
>
> Can you pls. shed more light on how "to make Hadoop's broken username detection to work properly"?

It's in the FAQ so that I don't have to do that.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ

Also, check your logs.  All your logs.  Not just the namenode log.
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-05-27, 03:18
+
Harsh J 2011-05-27, 13:20