Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Windows support (Win-64)

+
Salabhanjika S 2014-01-07, 07:21
+
Salabhanjika S 2014-01-07, 18:21
RE: Windows support (Win-64)
Hi Salabhanjika,

I've used zk client(java) in windows platform during development phase. I personally feel, java server and java clients would work well in windows environment and there will not be much issues. But truly speaking I haven't tested thoroughly (java)zk server in windows platform. Adding one more, recently few efforts has been taken to stabilize Jenkins(Windows) and is in progress. I think this will give more confidence to all.

https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-3.4-WinVS2008_java/
https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk-WinVS2008_java

-Rakesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Salabhanjika S [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 January 2014 23:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Windows support (Win-64)

Seems I'm not the first one to be misguided by documentation.

Added a comment in this issue too.

I interpret above jira as, C Client issue for Win-64 alone. If that is the case, should it more clear from documentation (admin guide).

- Windows (win32 & win64) is supported as a *development and production
platform* for both server and client (java client only). ZK-1635 reference can be provided here.

Rationale behind this proposal is to bring more confidence to ZooKeeper users on Windows.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Salabhanjika S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Does ZooKeeper is supported on Windows (Win-64). When I searched
> through the mailing list, I found
> http://search-hadoop.com/m/pyVQoOgNQc/windows&subj=ZooKeeper+on+Window
>

> As per this discussion, there is no restriction/limitation as such.
> But documentations claims "development only" support on Windows(Win-32).
>

> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_supported
> Platforms
>

> Should this be a documentation fix?

+