Flume >> mail # dev >> Missing Source JAR Files for Flume Artifacts in Maven Repository

+
Israel Ekpo 2013-04-20, 16:12
+
Mike Percy 2013-04-23, 06:33
Re: Missing Source JAR Files for Flume Artifacts in Maven Repository
Thanks Mike.

I will create a JIRA task to track this.

Do we need to assign this to INFRA?
On 23 April 2013 02:33, Mike Percy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Israel,
> I don't know off the top of my head why it wouldn't work, there must be
> some deploy flags that were not specified.
>
> The latest release procedure is documented here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/How+to+Release
>
> In 1.3.0, more sign / deploy steps were automated via Maven build steps, so
> maybe something was lost when that change in the procedure was made. I
> agree we should still deploy javadocs and sources for 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, if
> possible.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Israel Ekpo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > When building custom sinks, interceptors, channels and sinks for specific
> > versions of Apache Flume, it would be nice to have the source for the
> > classes attached after running running mvn eclipse:eclipse
> > -DdownloadSources=true to set up the projects in Eclipse.
> >
> > I took a look at the Maven Central repository and it looks like the last
> > time source jars were published alongside the class jars was in release
> > 1.2.0
> >
> > http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cflume
> >
> > Is there any reason why this was discontinued after 1.2.0
> >
> > I would like to update the pom files if needed or add additional steps to
> > upload the source jars to Maven Central.
> >
> > Your feedback would be highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.

+
Israel Ekpo 2013-04-23, 14:46
+