HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase tables disappear

Re: Hbase tables disappear
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Ibrahim Yakti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The root directory is set to /var/lib/hbase/
>
> The count issue is still exist:
>
> *Sqoop: *
> 13/01/15 08:55:23 INFO mapreduce.ImportJobBase: Retrieved 1754285 records.
>
> *MySQL:*
> +----------+
> | count(1) |
> +----------+
> |  1754303 |
> +----------+
>

> *HBase:*
> 104210 row(s) in 11.4980 seconds
>
> running count command five minutes later:
> 327230 row(s) in 18.4020 seconds
>

> *Hive *(using HBase as external table)*:*
> OK
> 104222
> Time taken: 41.971 seconds
>
> running same command five minutes later:
> OK
> 454038
> Time taken: 149.328 seconds
>

> Any idea what is going on or what is missing?

Upload is still happening?

HBase does not usually lose data so I'd say the issue has to do w/ how you
are doing your upload or it is some characteristic of your data -- or even
of the schema you have chosen for hbase.

Try with a little data first... a subselect.  Confirm that works and go up
from there.  If data is missing, try figure what is missing and if the
missing data has a common characteristic.

Good luck,
St.Ack