Pig >> mail # user >> python version with Jython/Pig

+
Dexin Wang 2013-07-17, 22:33
Re: python version with Jython/Pig
Hi Dexin,

Unfortunately, Pig is on Jython 2.5, so you won't be able to use Python 2.7
modules.

A while back, someone posted a hack to get Jython 2.7-b1 working with Pig.
You might give it a try:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/BnZs3MmH5y/jython+2.7&subj=informational+getting+jython+2+7+b1+to+work

Thanks,
Cheolsoo

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Dexin Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I do Python UDF with Pig, how do we know which version of Python it is
> using? Is it possible to use a specific version of Python?
>
> Specifically my problem is in my UDF, I need to use a function in math
> module math.erf() which is newly introduced in Python version 2.7. I have
> Python 2.7 installed on my machine and standalone Python program runs fine
> but when I run it in Pig as Python UDF, I got this:
>
> AttributeError: type object 'org.python.modules.math' has no attribute
> 'erf'
>
> My guess is Jython is using some pre-2.7 version of Python?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Dexin

+
Dexin Wang 2013-07-18, 21:00