Bigtop, mail # dev - [PROPOSAL] EOL'ed releases 0.3.x

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-06, 02:50
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-08-06, 06:00
+
Sean Mackrory 2013-08-06, 15:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-06, 16:04
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-06, 16:22
+
Jay Vyas 2013-08-06, 16:31
Re: [PROPOSAL] EOL'ed releases 0.3.x
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-06, 16:54
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For me at least --- the 1.X stuff is very important in the community... or
> at least... in my community :)
>
> Am i missing something?  maybe i have misinterpretted the proposal.

Well, basically it boils down to having somebody drive the effort. ;-)

We've had a couple of folks so far chiming in on this thread saying
that they have no interest in driving 1.X based stuff. That said, part
of the reason Cos started this thread is to identify anybody who'd
be volunteering to drive it.

Jay, would you be willing to RM it? Personally I'd be more than
happy if you did, but I've got to warn you -- given that virtually
all commercial Hadoop distros are now 2.x based it could
end up being a pretty lonely job.

Thanks,
Roman.
+