HBase >> mail # user >> Utility of client gateways vs client libraries connecting directly to region servers & zookeeper ?

Re: Utility of client gateways vs client libraries connecting directly to region servers & zookeeper ?
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For thrift, there is already such support.
>
> Take a look at (0.94 codebase):
> src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/HRegionThriftServer.java
>
>  * HRegionThriftServer - this class starts up a Thrift server in the same
>  * JVM where the RegionServer is running. It inherits most of the
>  * functionality from the standard ThriftServer.

The embedded thrift server is abandoned functionality and should be
deprecated [1].

The AVRO server has been removed because it was unmaintained.

Regards REST, we already run a webserver in each regionserver so it would
make sense attaching the REST context to the already-running http server
context.  If you could make that happen Simon, I for one would be
interested in getting it in.

vertx.io looks nice.  Our server currently has a bunch of what it calls
'Shared Data' that we'd have to make fit the verticles (doesn't look too
easy -- smile).

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.