Sqoop, mail # user - Configuring the number of rows per insert statement?

+
Nitin kak 2012-05-22, 14:15
+
Chalcy 2012-05-22, 15:48
+
Nitin kak 2012-05-22, 16:42
Re: Configuring the number of rows per insert statement?
Nitin kak 2012-05-23, 13:56
Hi Chalcy,

    Setting the below variable works for MySQL but does not for Netezza. In
Netezza the number of records per statement is always 1. I can see it in
the query logs.
Do you have any information regarding how it works in Netezza?

Thanks,
Nitin

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Nitin kak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thats awesome. Thanks Chalcy.
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Chalcy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nitin,
>>
>> Using sqoop.export.records.per.statement , you can set the number of
>> rows desired.
>>
>> --Chalcy
>>
>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Nitin kak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>      I am actually working on Sqoop export functionality(Hadoop->RDBMS).
>>> I can see that Sqoop supports multi-row insert statements at 100
>>> rows/statement. Is this number configurable? If not, is there some work
>>> going on in this direction.
>>>
>>> I found out that each mapper exporting data to RDBMS does it in a
>>> separate transaction. My question is do the transactions commit in parallel
>>> on the RDBMS side?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Nitin Kak

+