Sqoop >> mail # user >> Configuring the number of rows per insert statement?

+
Nitin kak 2012-05-22, 14:15
+
Chalcy 2012-05-22, 15:48
+
Nitin kak 2012-05-22, 16:42
Re: Configuring the number of rows per insert statement?
Hi Chalcy,

    Setting the below variable works for MySQL but does not for Netezza. In
Netezza the number of records per statement is always 1. I can see it in
the query logs.
Do you have any information regarding how it works in Netezza?

Thanks,
Nitin

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Nitin kak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thats awesome. Thanks Chalcy.
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Chalcy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nitin,
>>
>> Using sqoop.export.records.per.statement , you can set the number of
>> rows desired.
>>
>> --Chalcy
>>
>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Nitin kak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>      I am actually working on Sqoop export functionality(Hadoop->RDBMS).
>>> I can see that Sqoop supports multi-row insert statements at 100
>>> rows/statement. Is this number configurable? If not, is there some work
>>> going on in this direction.
>>>
>>> I found out that each mapper exporting data to RDBMS does it in a
>>> separate transaction. My question is do the transactions commit in parallel
>>> on the RDBMS side?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Nitin Kak

+