Sqoop >> mail # user >> SQL Server sqoop export very slow

SQL Server sqoop export very slow
Hi All,

    I am working on the sqoop export to SQL Server. It took like 1 hr to
export 2 GB of data. Three mappers had spawned. I am using Default SQL
Server Connector provided by cloudera(Couldn't use MS Sql Server Connector
because of a bug in export). I was using --direct clause. Doesnt seem to
have much effect. Any clues why its so slow? Would the performance improve
once I start using MS SQLServerConnector?

Regards,
Nitin
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-04, 20:34