Drill >> mail # dev >> Setting up a cluster

Re: Setting up a cluster
Even that dependency change is often not necessary.  If your original
dependency looks like this:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
      <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.0</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

then your code should work with either Apache Hadoop or MapR.  All you have
to do is make sure the jars for the distro you have are in the classpath
correctly.  This does not package the Hadoop jars into your executable
which can either be a virtue or a vice depending on your requirements.