MapReduce >> mail # user >> Name node and data node replacement

+
oc tsdb 2013-12-09, 11:52
Re: Name node and data node replacement
To recover a NN, you probably want to use the HA feature.  If not, try writing your edits to a nfs volume in additional to the local fs.

There is no need to recover a DN.  The NN compensates for a lost DN by using the other remaining replicas to create a new replica on another DN.

Daryn

On Dec 9, 2013, at 5:52 AM, oc tsdb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand,how to recover a Name node or Data node failure in case if those nodes are unable to come up due to unexpected issues.
>
> Is there a way to replace Name node with new name node without loosing data.I mean new Name node should have all the data from original Name node.
> Similarly for Data node.
>

> Thanks
> -OC

+