MapReduce >> mail # user >> Name node and data node replacement

Re: Name node and data node replacement
To recover a NN, you probably want to use the HA feature.  If not, try writing your edits to a nfs volume in additional to the local fs.

There is no need to recover a DN.  The NN compensates for a lost DN by using the other remaining replicas to create a new replica on another DN.

Daryn