Hadoop, mail # general - [RESULT] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

Re: [RESULT] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 01:45

Have no idea what you meant there.

Even though several others noted that it isn't clear what is being voted on, trying to make sense out of it, it seems that
 - you don't want any new features at all in 2.0.5.
 - The originally planned 2.0.5 *has* already got new features which go against this vote result.

So I think, Arun proposed that we rename the originally planned 2.0.5 to 2.1 and you said yes. Arun then he went ahead and copied 2.0.4-alpha to 2.0-alpha where it can be 'stabilized'.

And then this.

Please make it clear. Unfortunately there are those who have the onus of reviewing/committing some 'features' to branch-2. Please let us know what is okay.

Will start committing to branch-2 unless I hear otherwise.

The other concern is about merging patches into this 'stability-branch'. Clearly the vote doesn't tell who the RM is and it isn't clear who is doing it. Till that happens, I'll skip merging patches to branch-2.0-alpha branch - whether the patch is a feature or a bug needs to be negotiated with the RM *when in doubt*.

Thanks,
+Vinod