Kafka >> mail # dev >> compiling and running using intellij

compiling and running using intellij
So I ran ./sbt idea and was able to open the project in IDEA.

Making/building the project in IDEA doesn't work, I guess it shouldn't
since sbt is used.

./sbt update and ./sbt builds everything fine, ./sbt package-all also
worked fine.

How do I go about running kafka in debug mode?
Do I have to run zookeeper first?

Which project should I run?

Since a native Built | Make project doesn't work, not sure how I can use
IDEA in debug mode.

if someone can outline the steps (without assuming too much!) I would
greatly appreciate it!